Fortinet FortiWAN VM04
WAN Link Load Balancing
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please Contact Us for a replacement.
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Please Note: All prices displayed are Ex-VAT. 20% VAT is added during the checkout process.
Overview:Fortinet's FortiWAN intelligently balances Internet and intranet traffic across multiple WAN connections, providing additional low-cost incoming and outgoing bandwidth for the enterprise and substantially increased connection reliability. FortiWAN is supported by a userfriendly UI and a flexible policy-based performance management system. It provides a unique solution that offers comprehensive multi-WAN management that keeps costs down as well as keeping customers and users connected.
Increase Network PerformanceFortiWAN intelligently aggregates multiple broadband and/or leased access lines to significantly increase Internet access performance. FortiWAN load balances Internet service requests, optimally distributing traffic across all available access links. Seven different load balancing algorithms provide the flexibility to maximize productivity from any network scenario.
Inbound Access Load BalancingFortiWAN also load balances service requests from Internet users accessing Enterprise-hosted web, email or VPN servers. Multiple links, media and ISPs can be utilized without complex interfaces or programming with your service providers. Bandwidth can be added and removed quickly and easily.
Site-to-Site WAN ConnectivityFortiWAN gives you high-performance inter-site connectivity without the need to lease expensive links such as T1 and T3. FortiWAN aggregates multiple low-cost Internet access links to create site-to-site Virtual Private Line (VPL) tunnels of up to 1 Gbps for LAN-like performance between company locations. By using multiple carriers and media, reliability of these VPL tunnels can exceed that of traditional engineered carrier links.
- Increase Internet bandwidth
- Increase site-to-site bandwidth
- Improve reliability/availability
- Reduce bandwidth costs
- Outbound Link Load Balancing to fine-tune traffic across up to 50 links
- Optimum routing to prioritize traffic for mission-critical applications
- Automatic failback or failover of WAN links to ensure continuity of traffic flows
- Multi-homing (inbound Link Load Balancing) to improve response times and availability for incoming requests
- Virtual servers for simple server load balancing and high availability
- GE fiber connectivity to Carrier and LAN services
- Comprehensive usage and quality reporting
Tunnel Routing - Virtual Private Line Services
Inter-site tunnels can be created from fractional, full, multiple and fractions of multiple WAN links. Applications requiring large single-session bandwidth such as video conferencing or WAN optimization can use multiple links to build the bandwidth needed. Multi-session traffic can share an appropriately-sized tunnel. Tunnels have the same functionality as single links, supporting load balancing, fallback, failover and health detection within and between tunnels.
Load Balancing Algorithms
- Weighted Round-Robin
- Optimum Route
- Full IPv6 Supoort of all WAN types
- WAN Load Balancing and Fault Tolerance
- Multiple Domains
- DNS Relay
- Full IPv6 Support of all WAN types
- IPv4/IPv6 Authoritative DNS / DNSSEC
- Maximum and minimum bandwidth
- Source/Destination IP and Application
- Stackable bandwidth options
- Increase throughput as needed
- Please see product specifications for maximum bandwidth supported on each appliance
- VPN Load Balancing/Failover
- AES Encryption
- Dynamic IP Support
- NAT Pass-Through
- Peer Routing Exchange
- Tunnel DSCP QoS for MPLS Links
- Aggregate Multiple Internet Links into Virtual Private Lines
- Server High Availability
- L4 Server Load Balancing
- Built-in Authoritative Public and Private DNS
- NAT Mode / Routing Mode
- RIP V1/2 and OSPF
- PPPoE / DHCP WAN-Type Support
- Multiple Public IP Pass-Through
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN
- Redundant Power Supply on most models
- Automated Failover, N:N-1 Redundancy, On-Demand Line Backup
- HA (High Availability)
- IPv4/IPv6 DHCP for each subnet
- Web Admin (SSL)
- Console (RJ45, RS232 or SSH via network)
|Hypervisor Support||VMware ESXi / ESX 5.5, 6.0|
|vCPU Support (Minimum / Maximum)||1 / 2||1 / 4|
|Boot Memory (Minimum / Maximum)||1 GB / 2 GB|
|Memory Support (Minimum / Maximum)||1 GB / 16 GB|
|Network Interface Support (Minimum / Maximum)||Up to 10x GE / 10 GE vNICs (1 reserved for HA)|
|Storage Support (Minimum / Maximum)||120 GB / 1 TB|
|Throughput***||1 Gbps||2 Gbps|
*** Actual performance values may vary depending on system configuration and network traffic. Performance metrics were observed using a Dell PowerEdge R730 server (2x Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 2.4 GHz 20 MB Cache) running VMware ESXi 5.5 with 2 GB of vRAM assigned to the 2 vCPU and 4 vCPU FortiWAN Virtual Appliances.
Download the Fortinet FortiWAN Datasheet (PDF).
- All prices displayed are Ex-VAT. 20% VAT is added during the checkout process.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: £2,873.97
Our Price: Request a Quote